Thursday, September 14, 2006

BACK ON THE SUBWAY

We (Larry, Elaine, Linda, Joanna Straub, and I) rode the subway Tuesday evening to the Yongsan military base. We had heard about an international choir and decided to join it. We will be singing a couple of programs at Christmas. I enjoyed meeting new people and getting to sing for a couple of hours. Unfortunately, my voice still struggles between E and B. "Oooooh" seems to work, but I don't suppose the director will want me to do that while everyone else is singing words! We also were able to eat on base. A Quizno's is in the same building where we rehearse.

Right now, school seems to be settling more into a routine. More of my seventh graders are catching on to the amount of work that needs to be done and to the fact it needs to be done on time.Continue to pray for the senior class. I'm still having some good discussions with one of the girls. She's still struggling but she is more encouraged in her walk with the Lord.

We hunt for an electronic piano Friday evening. Pray I'll find something nice that's reasonable.. .and that I'll find it QUICKLY.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home