Saturday, June 02, 2007

IT'S ALL OVER EXCEPT THE PACKING!

Seoul Christian School held its graduation ceremony this past Thursday night. I have attended many graduation ceremonies, but this was the first time for me to be in charge of the ceremony. Pastor Threlfall challenged the graduates from Joshua 1:8. The jr. high choir sang two numbers, "Grace" and "All the Way."

Pastor Threlfall challenges the seniors to be successful serving God.


After the seniors shared their testimonies, they received their diplomas from yours truly. When the first senior, Jason, shook my hand, I felt something in his hand--it was a pack of chewing gum. I grasped it, and moved it to my pants pocket. I was amused. Jessie came next, and when we shook hands, she too passed me a pack of gum. I was really trying not to laugh now. Aletheia came last and also gave me a pack of gum. I couldn't contain my laughter any more.

Notice my hand in my pocket. Thanks for the gum, Jason!


Jason, Aletheia, and Jessie grant me a photo-op after the ceremony.

Friday was our last day. We started by letting students see their final exam results. We then moved down to the auditorium. We had a spelling bee; we offered a cash prize of 10,000 won (about $10). Then we played a general knowledge game. Elizabeth and Elaine made it based on 1 versus 100. Our version was 1 versus 10. It followed a similar format, and all students had at least one turn as part of the mob. The contestants signed up ahead of time.

Following the game, I gave a brief challenge. We then presented awards. Linda Rupert had secretly worked with the students to prepare farewell cards and monetary gifts for the five of us who are not returning. It was very thoughtful, and the sentiments expressed by many of the students were very touching. There were some tears as well.

2 Comments:

At 2:03 AM, Blogger Karmyn said...

Hey Guys!

Good to hear from you... I thought you had given up on blogging so I didn't check it for a long time (plus I got a different computer and lost all my 'favorites'!) So you are coming back to the states, eh? Hope packing, traveling, family time, and getting re-settled goes well- along with the new jobs! Don't worry, there is still lots of sweet tea (we saved you our share!) waiting for you in the South! Take care.

Chad and Karmyn

 
At 9:00 PM, Blogger Corduroy Slacks said...

Did you find out why they gave you gum?:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home