Saturday, September 16, 2006

LOUDER THAN BLARING PANSORI

I[Elizabeth] have 21 7th graders. On Tuesday, the public elementary school was playing traditional Korean music quite loudly. They were having some kind of outdoor student activity. I was told that it was so obnoxiously loud and unpleasant that our teachers were running around, shutting windows. Mr. Goh even called the elementary school to ask them to turn the music down (which they did).

When I heard about all this activity, I asked when it happened for I never heard it. Turns out I was doing a lab with 7th graders. We had so much activity of our own, that I totally missed all the uproar.

By the way, doing labs with this 7th grade truly is trying. I go over the entire lab in class the day before. I demonstrate, have them read with me, walk around with things for them to observe, etc. Today, in another lab, I get them around their microscopes and then observe them just sitting there!!! I missed lunch, trying to set up the lab, so I had thought I could eat my sandwich while they were working on the lab I had thoroughly discussed the day before. Sigh! I did manage to turn on the light bulbs in a few minds, so that was encouraging

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home