Friday, September 22, 2006

MUSIC, MICROSCOPES, AND MOGIS

I am really enjoying the new keyboard--mainly because I can practice whenever I wish using the headphones. I also think the instrument sounds better via the headphones. Larry contends it's really weird to hear the keys clicking but to hear no music! It does make my Sunday playing much more enjoyable. I was just sight-reading the past several weeks!

I have done several labs with 7th graders. We do most of them in our classroom because the actual lab does not hold 20 students very well. We did have to do the microscope lab there, but we survived. It takes so much longer to get a large class through the material. Today we did the potato strips in plain water and salt water. Fortunately, that worked easily in the class. 3/4ths of the class failed the last science test, so I am requiring them to stay after school and study with me. I did notice they listened better in class today. We'll see if we can make studious students out of them. They seem to think they can just look at the study guide and pass (without paying attention in class or reading the material). It was a rude awakening for many. Of course, this makes more work forme...but I hope it pays off in the next couple of weeks.

Abby has a stomach virus. (We have all kinds of viruses running aroundthis fall.) Two students have been out for almost a week due todifferent bugs. Another student was hit by a car. He spent 6 days inthe hospital, but mostly for bruising.

I now have a piano bench to go with the piano. I still couldn't get over the fact that I could not buy a piano bench from the people I bought the keyboard from. They also sold pianos, but I did NOT see any benches. Is this a new trend?

Sigh.It's mogi (mosquito) time again. They aren't as bad in this apartment as they were in our last one, but I killed three tonight and Abby swatted at a few more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home